Monday, April 25, 2005

the politics of stupidity

I wouldnt say that I have given up, I just think that my overview has changed. I have come to the belief that maybe things arent so bad in the world(politically). Sure I think that we should have a different president other than George W Bush, but what can 1 person do for politics?
There is no doubt that our legal system is screwed, top to bottom - like a gentlemans club. And its expected, after all - it is part of the government.
Call me politically apathetic? No - I feel fine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apathetic

There are all of these people with similar ideas or goals. They wont work together because of their egos. They want the money for themselves. They don’t want to share. They want the credit or fame for themselves.

The problem is, they are holding this world back from becoming a better place. Their ideas are nothing when they correspond with that attitude. Their intellect and knowledge are wasted on their own greed and self-preservation.

I somewhat agree with my friend Alberto...
Maybe in the long run, it all works and balances out - maybe its karma? I guess we will find out someday.

The Internet has always been a medium for democratization, and by reconnecting with our idealism we’re once again uncovering its poetry, nobility, and transformative power.

I am against the death penalty. There is no reason why we should waste a life.

I would really like to hear about follow ups to these kinda stories, but they - like so many others seem to drop off the planet. There is no doubt that we have the technology, but the answers are another problem.

University researchers challenge Bush win in Florida

E-voting May Face Recall in Florida County

No comments: