Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Nexus S SIP Configuration for FreePBX


Android, Droid, Nexus S SIP Configuration
Add module ASTERISK SIP SETTINGS to the PBX.
Once installed, make sure NAT = no, IP Configuration = Public IP, and at the bottom of that module add: realm = npx160XXX.aretta.net 


Gingerbread's native SIP client has a strict implementation of digest authentication which is used to authenticate your out bound call. The problem is by default Asterisk (and most likely SIP Sorcery as well) uses the authentication realm of 'asterisk'. Your average client ignores this realm and authenticates against it with whatever credentials you have used.


From one of our customers:
In my case, my extension was xxx@somedomain.com but my asterisks realm was 'asterisk' by default. When I changed my realm in Asterisk to 'somedomain.com' so it matched my SIP host configuration it all works as expected. Generally the configuration in Asterisk to accomplish this is in sip.conf: realm=somedomain.com


>> wikipedia Nexus S
>> engadget review
>> voip-info.org